- gonna poke into the TL to say that today's Google doodle based on Selena choked me up in a matter of 90 seconds youtube.com/watch?time_con… 15 hours ago
- but I don’t wanna look for someone else who’ll wish Ronald Reagan’s dumb dead corpse a happy birthday every year ☹️ twitter.com/JoeMande/statu… 18 hours ago
- it’s about fuckin time https://t.co/EfT1HYw192 20 hours ago
- RT @shereeny: worst thing about evoking family to convince men of women's personhood is that plenty of men assault their daughters, nieces,… 21 hours ago
- RT @AfricaByMowto: OH MY GOD https://t.co/V6aU3HKjMC 1 day ago
This be Joe Garcia's blog.
Tag Archives: 3DS
July 9, 2011Posted by on
I usually get some pretty weird looks from fellow gamers when I tell them that I’ve never played a Zelda game for more than a few hours — you might be arching your eyebrow at the screen right now after reading that. It’s not that I dislike the games for any reason, they’ve just failed to grab me the same way that they’ve grabbed countless others. While I can appreciate the franchise’s legendary status and won’t discount any of it, it simply never clicked for me. Hell, I’ve even tried playing the Nintendo 64 version of Ocarina of Time a few years ago, but I couldn’t get past the mess of blurry textures and pointy polygons passing for graphics; I got as far as beating the Deku Tree dungeon, then abandoned the game forever.
However, in the name of inserting a 3DS game cart into my aqua blue handheld — the DS’s Pokemon White had dominated 90% of my playtime with the system — I plunked down the $5 to preorder The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D at GameStop, hoping that I hadn’t jumped the gun by spending $250 for a 3DS at launch.
Consider my purchase justified. Read more of this post