- gonna poke into the TL to say that today's Google doodle based on Selena choked me up in a matter of 90 seconds youtube.com/watch?time_con… 15 hours ago
- but I don’t wanna look for someone else who’ll wish Ronald Reagan’s dumb dead corpse a happy birthday every year ☹️ twitter.com/JoeMande/statu… 18 hours ago
- it’s about fuckin time https://t.co/EfT1HYw192 20 hours ago
- RT @shereeny: worst thing about evoking family to convince men of women's personhood is that plenty of men assault their daughters, nieces,… 21 hours ago
- RT @AfricaByMowto: OH MY GOD https://t.co/V6aU3HKjMC 1 day ago
This be Joe Garcia's blog.
Rejected names for Stealthy Box
March 26, 2013Posted by on
You’re not going to believe this, but coming up with a name for something that you’re pinning your livelihood on is hard as hell (I’m building a website, by the way). Not only do you want to come up with something that’s clever and sounds cool, a lot of what you come up with doesn’t have a URL that’s available for purchase. I’d honestly have an easier time naming someone else’s child.
It took several nonstop hours of thinking before we settled on Stealthy Box, and we think it’s great. It’s a reference to one of our favorite game franchises of all time, it’s snappy, and it’s easy to remember and spell.
So what of the names that we passed on? Have a look at a few that I can still bother to remember:
- Gaming Kibitzer
- Gamer Suplex
- Kibitzer Suplex
- IGN.net (not really, but it’s an $18,000 URL!)
- Hide in a Box
We almost settled on Hide in a Box — damn close, actually — but it didn’t exactly roll off the tongue.