- this Cubs game could be going better imo 19 minutes ago
- RT @Moochava: No President Pence. "Dumb swindler replaced by religious maniac" is for history books with chapters like "The Years of Sorrow… 1 hour ago
- RT @KungFu_Grip: BLESS THIS PERSON https://t.co/bvnanUIkk1 1 hour ago
- RT @dril: (pitching the Michelin Man) hes this big white dipshit and people associate him with tires for some reason. he has no personality… 1 hour ago
- day baseball is the goddamn best 1 hour ago
This be Joe Garcia's blog.
Rejected names for Stealthy Box
March 26, 2013Posted by on
You’re not going to believe this, but coming up with a name for something that you’re pinning your livelihood on is hard as hell (I’m building a website, by the way). Not only do you want to come up with something that’s clever and sounds cool, a lot of what you come up with doesn’t have a URL that’s available for purchase. I’d honestly have an easier time naming someone else’s child.
It took several nonstop hours of thinking before we settled on Stealthy Box, and we think it’s great. It’s a reference to one of our favorite game franchises of all time, it’s snappy, and it’s easy to remember and spell.
So what of the names that we passed on? Have a look at a few that I can still bother to remember:
- Gaming Kibitzer
- Gamer Suplex
- Kibitzer Suplex
- IGN.net (not really, but it’s an $18,000 URL!)
- Hide in a Box
We almost settled on Hide in a Box — damn close, actually — but it didn’t exactly roll off the tongue.