- gonna poke into the TL to say that today's Google doodle based on Selena choked me up in a matter of 90 seconds youtube.com/watch?time_con… 15 hours ago
- but I don’t wanna look for someone else who’ll wish Ronald Reagan’s dumb dead corpse a happy birthday every year ☹️ twitter.com/JoeMande/statu… 18 hours ago
- it’s about fuckin time https://t.co/EfT1HYw192 20 hours ago
- RT @shereeny: worst thing about evoking family to convince men of women's personhood is that plenty of men assault their daughters, nieces,… 21 hours ago
- RT @AfricaByMowto: OH MY GOD https://t.co/V6aU3HKjMC 1 day ago
This be Joe Garcia's blog.
December 15, 2012Posted by on
Guns are killing machines.
Their express purpose is to inflict harm on a living thing. They didn’t choose to be used for that, but that’s what they’re for. Gun manufacturers constantly work on making them more accurate and more efficient. Not so Jimothy can hit a target 100 yards away at the firing range, but so that you waste fewer bullets when trying to kill something.
Guns are for cowards.
They’re the easy way out. That’s why criminals use guns. They easily intimidate, they’re easy to use, and they’re alarmingly easy to obtain. When the reaction is “I need a gun to protect myself,” it’s because you’re afraid. You’ve reacted in cowardice against cowards.
Are cops and soldiers cowards? No, since I presume that obtaining a firearm wasn’t their sole purpose for doing so. There are easier ways to get a gun.